Kimberly Tobola, Houston Girls Chorus Conductor and Artistic Director
Presented in collaboration with Houston Grand Opera’s HGOco, Houston Girls Chorus provides high quality choral instruction for young women. Our approach combines broad exposure to musical styles and works, individual training in vocal technique, instruction in music theory and performance practice and a variety of performance opportunities. The Chorus helps young women develop self-discipline and teamwork while building self-esteem, poise and communication skills, all in the context of learning and performing great music.
Houston Girls Chorus is open to young women in grades seven through twelve from throughout Houston. Rehearsals are on Sunday evenings at St. Paul’s United Methodist Church in the Museum District.
Houston Girls Chorus 2014-15 Season
- Enrollment for the entire 2014-15 season (August 24 – May 3) is preferred. Enrollment from August – December (includes Fall concert and The Nutcracker) or November – May (includes The Nutcracker and Spring concert) is available upon approval
- Rehearsals occur weekly on Sundays from 4:00-6:00 at St. Paul’s United Methodist Church
- Tuition is $725 for the whole season, with a $35 enrollment fee
- Houston Girls Chorus will perform their Fall Concert on November 1 and 2, 2014 (in collaboration with VOX: Rob Seible Singers), their Spring Concert on May 2, 2015
- In addition to their own performances, HGC performs as part of Houston Ballet’s production of The Nutcracker during the holiday season
- Auditions will be held December 6 and January 10. Applicants should prepare one solo from the art song, musical theater, or opera repertory.
- Applications are available now