Kimberly Tobola, Houston Girls Chorus Conductor and Artistic Director
Presented in collaboration with Houston Grand Opera’s HGOco, Houston Girls Chorus provides high quality choral instruction for young women. Our approach combines broad exposure to musical styles and works, individual training in vocal technique, instruction in music theory and performance practice and a variety of performance opportunities. The Chorus helps young women develop self-discipline and teamwork while building self-esteem, poise and communication skills, all in the context of learning and performing great music.
The Houston Girls Chorus 2015-16 Season
- August 23: Rehearsals begin
- November 1: Fall Collaboration Concert with Axiom Quartet
- November and December: Rehearsals for and performances with Houston Ballet’s The Nutcracker
- May 7: Spring Concert, featuring the Houston Girls Chorus Opera Project premiere
- NEW Preparatory Choir, a pre-professional experience for younger vocalists in grades 4 9.
- Enrollment for the entire 2015-16 season (August 23 – May 7) is preferred. Enrollment from August – December or November – May is available upon AFA approval
- Houston Girls Chorus is open to young women in grades 4 -12
- Rehearsals are on Sunday afternoons (2:00 – 5:00pm) at St. Paul’s United Methodist Church (5501 Main St, 77004) in the Museum District.
- Auditions will be held May 2 and 9, and August 8 and 15. Applicants should prepare one solo from the art song, musical theater, or opera repertory. Auditions will determine placement into either Houston Girls Chorus (generally grades 7 – 12) or the Preparatory Choir (generally grades 4 – 9).
- Tuition is $775 for the whole season, with a $35 enrollment fee
- CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW